The Long Beach Mayoral Fellowship Program provides a unique opportunity for undergraduate and graduate students. Those selected to participate will be assigned to a team and will work closely with all levels of government in addition to city commissions and departments on a breadth of issues related to the team's focus area. Fellows will perform a variety of tasks which may involve policy research and development, drafting memoranda and briefs, community engagement, outreach and education, administrative tasks, and legal research and analysis.
Our Internship program runs year-round. Our office recruits fellows based on staff availability to supervise, available office space and projects for fellow.
- Exceptional oral and written communications (writing sample required)
- Outstanding research and analytical skills
- Organizational and administrative abilities
- Demonstrated maturity to work successfully in a professional and fast-paced setting
- Strong computer literacy -- knowledge of Excel is a plus
Fill out the form below to begin the application process.